It looked easy enough to do and I had all the ingredients at home so I thought let's just give it a go and see what happens.
So we made our agar plates following the instructions. And we waited and waited.
It took a few days before the mould that was visible to the naked eye started to grow but it was really rather exciting when it did!
|Agar plate with growth from wiping the PC keyboard|
|This was from the sink in the bathroom! We knew it needed a clean so we took our sample before cleaning it.|
|This was from a lightswitch.|
This was another really simple experiment to do which the kids really enjoyed!