Trinity's Perfect Mother's Day Outfit
I love blogger competitions like this one from Baby Budgeting. It means that I get to do some online window shopping looking at some adorable kids clothes. Something that I haven't been able to do much of over the past few years.
Trekking around the shops whilst we were home-schooling the boys was a definite 'no-no' (especially when you add J's Sensory Processing issues into the mix!) and even online shopping was hard to find time for when the whole day revolved around making sure that their schooling came first.
But now I have a teeny bit more time, I have managed to enjoy a browse around the Vertbaudet website and choose what would be the perfect Mother's day outfit for Trinity.
I choose Trinity to pick out an outfit for because even though the Vertbaudet clothes to go up to age 14 for children, it is Trinity who has ended up having lots of hand-me-downs from the boys because of the lack of shopping time described above and so I thought it would be nice to pick out something specifically for her.
She is going to be 2 next month so I have chosen from their children's range rather than the 0-2 babies range of clothes.
Here are the beautiful items that would make the perfect mother's day outfit for her to wear this Spring for a special family day out we have planned. They have lots of stunning 'special occasion' dresses which were very tempting to pick, but we are going to be out and about exploring the spring flowers and hoping for a bright sunny day so I wanted something practical and functional for everyday wear but that would really brighten up Mothers Day too.
1. I started by picking out this yellow blouse because whenever I think of Mother's day, I think of my own mum and her favourite colour was yellow. I think that's why our blog has a yellow colour scheme too. It is my way of having part of her with us even though she is no longer around.
Then I picked some other items that I thought would go well with the blouse but also would be bright happy clothes that would work well teamed up with other items.
2. I couldn't resist this blue straw effect hat because the colour is so vibrant and it helps support the children's vaccination programmes set up by UNICEF. A great hat for a great cause.
3. I loved that these denim shorts had a cute bow to brighten them up. They are cute and comfy and for Spring days can be teamed up with tights or leggings but then can be worn on their own in the warmer summer months.
4. This 2 pack of girls leggings adds even more variability to the outfit. Wear the pink ones to match the bright pink shoes or go for the striped ones to let the other colours in the outfit really stand out.
5. Assymetrical designs seem to be really 'on-trend' at the moment. This cute Cardigan really jumped out at me as the colour complements the little bow on the denim shorts and the assymetrical design allows the front to show off the blouse underneath. So the gorgeous yellow blouse would be seen even on chilly days when the cardi is worn. The back of the cardigan is also really pretty with a heart on it.
6. Dressed in bright colours from head to toe - we just had to finish off with these bright pink Canvas Trainers.
So there you have it - my perfect mothers day outfit for Miss T to wear which will remind me of my own mum whilst also celebrating my relationship with Trin. The bold bright colours will give us a glimpse of Spring Sunshine even if the weather lets us down on Mothers Day.