> The Beesley Buzz: My Picture - His Words: So God created man in his own image

My Picture - His Words: So God created man in his own image

So God created man in his own image. Genesis 1:27

Despite the 'My Picture: His words' linky being something I really want to join in with each week, it turns out I haven't managed to join in for many weeks. I just noticed the date of the last one I did was way back in November!  I think it is just too easy for the 'busyness' of life to take over and time spent on the important stuff or even time spent reflecting on the important stuff gets pushed to one-side all too often.

But it's a fresh year and a fresh start, so whilst daddy is outside trying to find out why his car has sprung a leak, and Miss T is having a nap, I thought I would quickly catch a few minutes to look through recent photos and see if there was one that God spoke to me through.

And this photo was it. Miss T was given this cute doll for Christmas from Granny and Grandad. Part of the same range included a little girls outfit that matched the dolls outfit and here is Miss T wearing the outfit that matches the doll.

Whenever she wears this outfit, she picks up her doll and looks so happy. She smiles and giggles and loves that it is so special to have a doll that matches her. It is like she has a special bond with this doll on the days when they are wearing matching clothes.

And it reminded me of the verse "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." Genesis 1:27

It made me think how God must look at us and smile. He must feel it is so special that He made us in his image. I thought of how He must love it even more on days that we actually embrace that knowledge and act it out behaving in ways that please Him.

Knowing just how grotty I have been to my family lately, (have just even shouted at them now as I keep being interrupted - Daddy has come in explaining boring car stuff, Miss T has woken up and the boys have finished their colouring), so my prayer this week is that I remember that I was made in God's image and that God will give me the resources I need to behave in His image with my words and actions towards others.

Linking up with Mummy from the heart's My Picture: His words.

6 comments:

  1. That's such a lovely way of thinking of it - that God sees himself in us, even if we don't! So glad you shared that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks Mary - I know i need to remind myself of that. xxx

      Delete
  3. Ohh yes, I like that. You are right, He must feel that same joy when He looks at us. Your little girl looks so chuffed. I too pray that He reminds me I am created in His image and this means I must emulate His goodness too. Mich x

    ReplyDelete

We have disabled commenting on the blog due to the volume of spam comments these days. If you want to get in touch, please ping us a message on social media.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...