> The Beesley Buzz: Mexico - A rainy day in Los Cabos - Post 4

Mexico - A rainy day in Los Cabos - Post 4


Monday 11th November


Woke up to very atmospheric skies this morning. It felt cooler than it has been with the overcast skies. It was a welcome relief after the heat and sunshine of the past few days.

Whilst having breakfast it began to rain. And it continued to do so for the rest of the day. 

We were excited to see a massive cruise ship sail by. Then another.  By the end of the day there were 3 there and had anchored there for the day.  Excitement turned to annoyance as the stunning natural features of this place were obscured from sight by these massive ships. They are due to move on this evening though (I know, I know, totally first world problems!!!) 


After breakfast, We ventured onto the beach for the first time. I could then clearly see why so many of the beaches round here are not "swimmable". The waves coming in were so unpredictable and churned the sand so much. The currents are dangerous and the beach quite steep. Even the sand was more 'sinky'. With every step our feet would go deep into the sand. 




After that we headed back to the kids favourite pool and despite the rain, the 3 of them went for a swim. I stayed as dry as possible and read my book. Thankfully there was no need for continuous top ups of sunlotion today. 

The result of spending too much time on Instagram these days....Some silly fun photos...



And not to forget the obligatory "hot dog legs" holiday photo...



Then it was lunch, followed by hanging out in the sports bar where those nachos and cheese sauce tempted me again. What is in that stuff??? It certainly looks highly processed and not like anything I would ever buy but it seems to hold this power over me where I cannot resist the stuff!

We played Dobble and read our books whilst the rain continued. By dinner time, We hadn't really burnt off enough calories to justify dinner time but still ate well nonetheless. 

There was a far smaller audience for tonight's entertainment compared to last night's Vegas show. We haven't really watched any of it properly as Miss T is so tired after dinner. 

Bedtime now. I'm hoping my body will rest and heal well overnight after stupidly hurting my thumbs. After successfully washing a few items of clothing by hand yesterday (it dried mega quick and scrubbed up well), I decided to do the same today. I know there is no reason I have to do it as we all brought enough clothes to see us through the week.  But somehow I like to feel that I've got a head start on things if I can wash a few pairs of socks before heading home.

Well I must have scrubbed them so thoroughly that I've managed to scrub the skin off both my thumbs. And it hurts! It hurts way more than you would imagine a tiny injury to  hurt. It stings every time I wash my hands and I'm dreading going in the pool again in case they sting in there too. How silly of me to have hurt myself like that!

I'm also starting to think about the flight home now we are past the halfway mark and only have a couple of days left here. 

Although I was fine on the way here, the bad flight I had before still plays on my mind. 

Night night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We have disabled commenting on the blog due to the volume of spam comments these days. If you want to get in touch, please ping us a message on social media.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...