> The Beesley Buzz: Things can only get batter...(sorry!) Week 4: GBBOBloggers2016

Things can only get batter...(sorry!) Week 4: GBBOBloggers2016

Regular readers will know that disasters feature heavily in my kitchen. Despite my best attempts I am often left with #epicfail and #pinterestfail style results.
So for GBBO batter week, I decided to attempt the easiest option - Pancakes! I mean what can go wrong with pancakes! In fact, pancakes are so easy that I decided to impose the GBBO time limit of 1 hour on myself and stick to the rule about 1 test pancake and the next 12 to be served up.

I'm actually almost too embarrassed to show the results - the test pancake was pure and utter disaster.

Things did improve....marginally.

Left to right, top to bottom in order here are my final 12 Paul Hollywood style lace pancakes.

Thanks to the lovely Angela at Only Crumbs Remain, I even had the book to bake along with so there is no excuse really. I did use hubby's pancake recipe which is not an exact science so perhaps that didn't help (125g plain flour, 1 egg, half a pint liquid made up from milk and a bit of water, and I added a tablespoonish of sugar).

So here I am, head hanging in shame, and linking up with Mummy Mishaps #GBBOBloggers2016

Oh and it took me one hour and 12 minutes rather than the permitted hour.

There's nothing more to say really except batter luck next time I hope (sorry again!)

Mummy Mishaps

17 comments:

  1. Wow Rebecca, I think they look absolutely great - so pretty. I too liked the ones where they'd put blobs (technical word there for you ;-) ) around the edge of the heart shape, It just seemed to give a prettier more interesting feel. Did you find that the area you started drawing the heart shape was already cooked by the time you finished your design? Glad the book's come in useful already :-)
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Angela - you are so kind. I guess in my mind i imagined really pretty looking hearts and it just wasn't anywhere as easy as i imagined it would be. I just did the design quickly so although I let some overcook it was more to allow them to firm up and not fall apart. x

      Delete
  2. You did great, they look really good. I am thinking to try them, but I'm afraid they will look messy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are being too hard on yourself... I think they look good! Having done this challenge myself I know they are not as easy as they look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Gina - I look forward to reading about how you got on. x

      Delete
  4. This made me smile Rebecca, my churros cheesecake was nothing to write home about either :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the Churros looked so tricky I didn't dare attempt those! x

      Delete
    2. You're cheesecake looks amazing - such an original idea to do a churros base! x

      Delete
  5. I think that you are being far too hard on yourself! Putting the time limit on yourself is admirable and then making the 12 that you did, is fantastic! I really wanted to try these but didn't have a suitable bottle to use so I'm a bit jealous! Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your kind words. The bottles are squeezy ones i got on amazon to use for icing but they came in handy for this task too! x

      Delete
  6. i honestly think your lacy pancakes look good - no worse than any of the ones featured on last weeks how. I love that you timed yourself to make them as per the technical challenge too. i think you did good and i love your batter puns lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are nothing to be ashamed off, they look great. even with a plain pancake my first one is usual a fail as i never seem to have the pan heat just right first time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jacqueline. that is true about the first pancake always going wrong! x

      Delete
  8. I think they look great! I wouldn't even try personally as mine would be sooo bad

    ReplyDelete

We have disabled commenting on the blog due to the volume of spam comments these days. If you want to get in touch, please ping us a message on social media.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...