> The Beesley Buzz: A winter makeover for my bedroom

A winter makeover for my bedroom

This time of year, as the weather turns colder, I love to stay indoors more and keep cosy and warm. The Betta Living #BettaWinter Challenge was the perfect opportunity to revamp a room to make it cosy for winter. I decided that I wanted to give my bedroom a winter makeover but with the expense of Christmas coming up, I knew I had to do it without breaking the bank. 

I looked at ideas on pinterest and started looking at accessories in the shops and online. I love the scandi-style winter look where they manage to achieve a cosy feel, yet keep the cool scandi colour scheme - the greys and blues and whites. Different shades of wood complete the look. 

I knew I didn't have quite the right items to achieve the ideal look I dream of, but I knew there was a way of making our room a little more cosy for winter. In the end instead of splashing out on new items, I used various items of furniture, soft furnishings and accessories from various places around the house and all brought into the bedroom started to make things look cosier for winter. 

Here's what I did:

  • Using baskets for storage looks good and is a practical storage solution too
  • Adding family photos to a plain wall really adds a homely feel
  • Candles, towels, blankets and soft furnishings help soften a room and add warmth
  • Replacing a cold looking mirrored wardrobe with a warmer looking pine one will make the room look more cosy
  • Miss T's old feeding armchair makes a cosy spot in the corner
  • Plenty of blankets and throws to snuggle up with in winter
  • Replacing the glass crystal-effect lightshade with a more natural looking one
  • Using a chair as a bedside table is a cost-effective alternative to splashing out on brand new furniture
  • Natural materials like wood, wool, and slate can look good together
  • The bedspread was reversed to give a more natural colour rather than the shimmery brown colour on the other side. 
  • A cosy robe and slippers is also a must for winter!
 Here's a before and after pic to see how different the room looks:


You can find out more about Betta Living here and find out more about the #BettaWinter challenge here. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow I love how warm and cosy you've made this - just have a wait a few years for the littlies to grow up and act like teenagers so you can enjoy a lie in ;)

    ReplyDelete

We have disabled commenting on the blog due to the volume of spam comments these days. If you want to get in touch, please ping us a message on social media.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...