> The Beesley Buzz: Miss T 8th Birthday - Happy Birthday Miss T

Miss T 8th Birthday - Happy Birthday Miss T

(Written in February 2021)

Whilst trying to clear some photos from my phone, I realised that I hadn't actually done a birthday post for Miss T's 8th Birthday in 2020 (other than a passing mention in our 2 month isolation milestone post) so I'm dating the schedule date of this to the right month so that I can keep a "photo album" of memories on the blog to celebrate her birthday. 

We were, of course, in lockdown/isolation then because of covid so couldn't see granny and grandad as we normally would. Nor could Miss T have a proper party or have any friends round. But we could still manage to have some fun, food and cake.  

Chocolate roulade cake! Which was probably Nigella's yule log recipe but without the frosting and with cream inside instead - I can't exactly remember. What I love about this recipe is that you use cocoa powder rather than chocolate for the cake. And even though you need to separate the eggs to make it, you use all the yolks and all the whites so there's no wastage or having to make an impromptu omelette to use up the rest of the eggs. 





One of her gifts from Granny and Grandad was this beautiful pug picture. Miss T adores pugs! 

And of course we had to have afternoon tea! One of Miss T's favourite pastimes! 




I decided to wear a new dress I'd bought from Phase Eight because after all there's no place else to go during a pandemic to wear it. Couldn't be bothered to do my hair or make up though. 








We will often wrap presents in re-used packaging these days as a more eco alternative to disposing of lots of gift wrap. So we used tissue paper that we'd saved from deliveries along with re-using old pieces of ribbon. I think they look every bit as nice as if they were wrapped in fresh gift wrap. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We have disabled commenting on the blog due to the volume of spam comments these days. If you want to get in touch, please ping us a message on social media.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...