> The Beesley Buzz: April 2020 Prize Unboxing

April 2020 Prize Unboxing

Another strange month in isolation has flown by. This month I've taken charge of doing the video myself rather than relying on the rest of the family to edit it together. I used iMovie on the ipad which was quicker to upload than the usual process but I don't really get the hang of doing anything fancy with it like adding text or music or anything.

As we've been rapidly taking things out of packaging as they arrive and disposing of the packaging because of COVID, there were fewer video clips so have managed to get the whole video to be less than 10 minutes - yay! Some prizes are just shown as photos.

There's also one that doesn't appear at all - I won a book from consumer rights campaigner Scott Dixon and as the topic of the book was the sort of book I thought my Father-in-Law would enjoy, "How To Complain: The Consumer Guide to Cancelling Parking Tickets and Winning Pothole Claims", the book was signed and sent directly to him.

The gorgeous Mantra jewellery necklace in the video also went directly to a friend and she sent a thank you photo so I've been able to include that. We've experienced so much kindness this month that it feels nice to be able to "pay it forward" by sharing some of our prizes at a time when we feel rather frustrated at not being able to do much else to help anyone.

This year was the first year that I got properly organised by writing down my wishlist at the start of the year in one place! I used to write little scraps of paper that I would then lose and have to start over again. But since using The Happy Comper Journal I no longer have that problem! So 2 of this months wins were wishlist items. A rug for the living room and I had a "nice Easter egg" on my wishlist and I won the biggest Easter egg I've ever had. I've won nice Easter eggs in the past but this one arrived and was bigger than I expected. I did share with all the family though so it got polished off pretty quickly despite how big it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We have disabled commenting on the blog due to the volume of spam comments these days. If you want to get in touch, please ping us a message on social media.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...