> The Beesley Buzz: Bloggers Brunch at Three Little Birds

Bloggers Brunch at Three Little Birds

Last Saturday me and D set off to Clapham to Three Little Birds, the newest venue opened by April Jackson following the success of her first Jamaican inspired restaurant Three Little Birds in Brixton.

Located on Battersea Rise, the venue is easy to find not far from Clapham Junction station. It must have been the coldest day so far this Autumn and so we were relieved to arrive and find a warm sunny spot by the front window.




I was welcomed by the lovely Calia with a little taste of Appleton Rum.


I have a habit of arriving early...so it meant I could snap some photos of the bar before the crowds arrived.


We got introduced to Don Papa Rum and OMG it was so sweet and delicious with those caramel flavours. 




April herself brought round several of the dishes. Here she is introducing us to the Avo Crostinis.




We also got to taste Ackee Spoon as well as the traditional Jamaican dish Ackee and Saltfish. 






Ackee is a fruit, which is actually poisonous before it ripens. I'd never eaten it before and it had a soft scrambled-egg like texture.  I didn't try the Ackee and Saltfish because I've not been eating meat or fish since May this year - but D did eat some and enjoyed it. 



It was banana pancakes next. These may have been small pancakes but were totally delicious little bites!


D also enjoyed Mini Jerk Chicken burger (which again I couldn't try because of the meat). With the jerk seasoning, these were on the spicier side but I was told by those around me that they were also very tasty. 

And finally the tastiest carrot cake ever! 
Carrot cake has to be one of my favourite types of cake and this was actually the best carrot cake I have ever tasted for sure. So moist and so flavoursome. I would have loved to know the recipe to attempt to recreate it at home.

So that brought us to the end of a fabulous foodie outing for me and D.


With many thanks to April, Cali and the team at Three Little Birds for making us feel so welcome. This really is a great spot to dine if you're missing the sunshine and want to soak up some sunny Jamaican vibes! 

1 comment:

  1. This looks a nice venue. We had a holiday to Jamaica a long time ago before the boys were born and I loved the food there. So it would be nice to try a caribbean restaurant here

    ReplyDelete

We have disabled commenting on the blog due to the volume of spam comments these days. If you want to get in touch, please ping us a message on social media.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...