> The Beesley Buzz: Colchester Zoo diary write up by Miss T

Colchester Zoo diary write up by Miss T

 Tuesday 18th January


I had a fun day at the zoo. So today we went to Colchester Zoo with granny, mummy, and daddy. Granny enjoyed it there, I think...I'm not sure. I think she enjoyed it.

Star (my cat) is on my bed at the moment and I just finished telling him everything about the zoo. 

I  liked all of the animals. We went through a Wallaby walk. I think wallabies are imposter versions of a kangaroo. 

And me and mummy walked through a goat walk. The goats were nice. I liked the goats. 

The elephants...were big. Bigger than I expected. They could eat a person if they wanted to. They also walked funny. I'm not being rude or anything. Just...they looked funny with their ears tucked back. 


Sealions are...interesting creatures. Yep, that's right everybody, I saw sea lions. We saw them on the surface of the water a bit. They poked up their heads then went back underwater. We went into the underwater tunnel and there were so many sealions swimming around. 


I also took my camera so I took photos of most of the animals. Some of them were too far away to get a photo and some of the glass was steamed up so it looked grimy. But I took loads of photos of the sea lions. 

Let's now talk about the penguins. There weren't as many as I expected. And the enclosure was smaller than I thought it would be (they had closed a section to protect the penguins because of Avian flu).  




They were humboldts and they were quite cute but not as cute as the Fennec foxes. 

Oh my gosh!!! I loved them so much. Their ears were all big and they were all fluffy and their eyes were all shiny and sparkly. 



Now we can calm down a bit and take it slow and steady like the tortoises we saw. They were cute. One of them was determined to get to the water and we watched it until he got there. He went in the small pond and had a quick shower in the gentle waterfall and then took a sip from the pond. 




We also saw two llamas being led to go for a walk (they did not seem to like going for a walk) but they were cute. 

And we saw an ostrich who looked grumpy, a zebra and I think rhinos. To be able to get the ostrich's attention for a good photo, I said "oi ostrich, you stink". He instantly looked over and glared at me. It made a good photo though. 






We saw some fish and monkeys and a sloth. 


Near the goat section there was a building with two massive pigs and...hold on...let me take a deep breath... The rats had their own kitchen. It was designed as a kitchen and they were asleep in a microwave. There was a partly wrecked hot chocolate power box, a sink, cupboards, and a box underneath the table which was a second bed for them. There were meant to be warthogs somewhere but we didn't see them.




The hyenas were very strange. They were kind of cute but you need to remember that they can kill people and big animals. We saw some cheetahs which were cute but they were sleeping together in the middle of the enclosure. We also saw a leopard.

We also saw giant anteaters, like massive ones and ring-tailed lemurs. 

The giraffes were the things I was most excited for. As soon as I saw one of their heads, I ran up the ramp as fast as I could to see them, They were adorable. 


We saw a hippo and there's such a thing called an African pancake tortoise. I saw one. It has a funny name though. We managed to see the head of one lion and see some tigers close up.





And we saw wolves. We also saw a type of bird. I can't remember the name of it. I think it was something like a crowned pigeon. I don't know. 


I think that was all the animals. Oh I did get a luxury hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows. 

Today was fun I guess. I saw some animals. 

Miss T's diary notes:










All photos taken by Miss T (except the one where she is in the photo)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...