> The Beesley Buzz: New year green smoothie recipe

New year green smoothie recipe


I've had so many recipe requests for my green smoothie and I can never remember exactly what I have thrown into it, so I thought I'd do a quick write up today whilst it is fresh in my mind.

I don't measure or weigh any of the ingredients so it's all done with a bit of guesswork.

Ingredients:
A handful of oats
A spoonful of chia seeds
1 apple
1 small banana
A big handful of spinach
A small chunk of root ginger
A glass of water
The juice of half a lemon or orange

Method:
You need to use a blender that can handle blending up harder fruits like apples.

First I add the oats and chia seeds and blitz until they are fairly fine.

Then I add the water, followed by chopped apple and banana and blend.

Then in goes the ginger, spinach and finally the juice from the orange or lemon.

The exact order of ingredients doesn't really matter but I tend to blend as I add the ingredients in this sort of order.

If I'm making this in the morning for breakfast, I tend to include the oats and seeds to make it more filling and smoothie-like. If I'm making it later in the day, I don't include the oats so it's less creamy and more like a juice. Sometimes I will increase the apple and spinach content to make it more juice-like.

Having had a bad experience with green juice before (I once juiced kale on its own and it tasted foul!), I needed this to not taste "green" and thankfully it doesn't but if you need it sweeter just increase the banana content and/or apple content.

Remember that chunks of banana, ginger and lemon juice can all be kept in the freezer ready for when you need them!

Depending on how much water, apple and banana you've used, you may find that you have enough for 2 glasses of smoothie. In which case, I would store the second glassful by filling a jar, popping the lid on and keeping it in the fridge overnight ready to have the next morning for breakfast.









No comments:

Post a Comment

We have disabled commenting on the blog due to the volume of spam comments these days. If you want to get in touch, please ping us a message on social media.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...