> The Beesley Buzz: Toyologyist Review: Transformers Prime - Weaponizer BumbleBee

Toyologyist Review: Transformers Prime - Weaponizer BumbleBee

Review by The Beesley Buzz.



My one previous experience of a Transformers toy was not a good one – it was made of flimsy plastic and, try as I might, I could not transform it from the vehicle to the robot or back again. So it was with some trepidation that I approached this project, charged by my sons with the task of transforming BumbleBee from robot to car and back.

The good news is this was a lot simpler than I remembered the last one. Although plastic, it was pretty sturdy and survived my heavy-handed attempts to transform him before I dared look at the instructions. Sadly, for Transformer novices like me it is not altogether natural to pull a robot apart and see how it fits back as a car, so I had to resort to the instructions. But, with a little practice I worked out how it transforms both ways and even managed to film the occasion!



I am sure my boys will master this far better than me, and will be transforming BumbleBee between car and robot much quicker than I can manage. They love this toy, and I think the challenge of working it out will be a good thing, too.

BumbleBee needs two batteries, and I am very pleased to be able to say that they come with the toy. That said, the batteries add some minor lighting effects and it would not be a huge loss if the batteries ran flat as the toy itself can still be transformed.

My boys were delighted when they saw BumbleBee peering out of his box at them, and have enjoyed tormenting Daddy to learn this new skill and teach them the basics. I can see that this will be on many boys’ Christmas lists this year, and many more Dads will be trying to master the toy on Christmas morning! My top tips are to read the instructions and take it slowly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We have disabled commenting on the blog due to the volume of spam comments these days. If you want to get in touch, please ping us a message on social media.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...