> The Beesley Buzz: OUT NOW: The Happy Comper Journal

OUT NOW: The Happy Comper Journal

I've just realised that despite mentioning it on my social channels, I never officially announced the publication of my second book The Happy Comper Journal on here. It's technically a journal rather than a reading book and you can find more details about it here (scroll down to below the section on my first book Overcoming the Odds).

Front and Back cover image of The Happy Comper Journal

As crazy as it sounds, I've not yet seen a final copy of this 'in the flesh' as it were because my own Amazon order got lost and I'm awaiting for it to be sent again.

However thankfully, there haven't been any problems with anyone else's orders so they've been arriving promptly and have been incredibly well received - I've been receiving messages every day saying how brilliant and useful it is. To be honest, I've just been blown away by the support.

With all proceeds going to charity (after the rather hefty cut that Amazon take), in the first week or so since publication it has sold enough copies to have raised over £200 for Juvenile Arthritis Research (JAR). To a small charity like JAR that is going to make a huge difference to the lives of children with Juvenile Arthritis. So a massive thank you to everyone who has bought a copy and told others about it too.



I owe a big thank you to the wonderful Neill Johnstone who blogs over at Gary Wasabi's Golden Luck Muscle who very kindly helped look over the journal for editing purposes and pointed out all the typos and so on which I'm prone to making these days despite having been spelling champ in my school days. I'm also showcasing his fab festive photo of The Happy Comper Journal which he shared on instagram until such time as my own copy arrives to take a photograph of.

I also owe a big thank you to the amazing Di Coke who blogs about competitions at Superlucky. Not only has she been THE biggest inspiration to me over the years but has been so supportive of my own little contribution to the comping world with my books. If you are new to this hobby then I always tell people that Di's blog and Lucky Learners facebook group is absolutely the best place to start.

I'm so proud of the cover - It was designed by talented artist and designer Jael Umerah-Makelemi (you can see some of her artwork here). I actually WON the cover being designed in a competition which is particularly brilliant given that it is a journal about comping.

You can read a bit more on how and why I got into this hobby on this post over at Britmums and
I've just set up a small friendly facebook group, called The Happy Compers for anyone who wants to chat about comping - you can request to join regardless of whether you have a copy of the journal. It's something new to me and totally out of my comfort zone but then again so was writing a journal! So here's to getting out of our comfort zones a bit more in 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We have disabled commenting on the blog due to the volume of spam comments these days. If you want to get in touch, please ping us a message on social media.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...