> The Beesley Buzz: Banana muffins recipe (No added sugar)

Banana muffins recipe (No added sugar)

When D came home from school with banana muffins he had made in food tech that tasted amazing, I knew I wanted to make some more but wondered if they would work as well without any added sugar.
So I added an extra banana to the recipe, increased the amount of sultanas and took out the sugar and I think they've turned out well.

Ingredients: (to make 12)

280g self-raising flour
150g raisins
4-6 tbsp milk or water
80g butter (melted)
2 eggs
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
3 ripe bananas

I mashed the bananas in my Kenwood chef mixer using the K-beater attachment, then added the egg, and milk. I actually forgot to melt the butter first but just beat it well but I think melted butter should work better ideally.

Next I weighed out the dry ingredients and then added them to the wet ingredients and gave it a short mix to get them all mixed together.

Divide into muffin cases and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for around 15 - 18 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.

The original recipe including the sugar is as follows:
280g self-raising flour
100g caster sugar
4-6 tbsp milk or water
80g melted butter
2 eggs
80g sultanas
2 ripe bananas

Follow the same method of combining wet ingredients together, then dry ingredients together, then mixing the two together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We have disabled commenting on the blog due to the volume of spam comments these days. If you want to get in touch, please ping us a message on social media.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...