> The Beesley Buzz: White chocolate and raspberry loaf cake

White chocolate and raspberry loaf cake

Throughout the lockdowns of 2020, I found myself like many others, turning to baking. And experimenting with loaf cakes seemed to become my thing for a while...I recall posting about the Lemon, poppy seed and basil loaf cake as well as the Chocolate Chip Loaf cake I made last year.  We'd also had a good crop of raspberries in the garden so raspberries seemed to feature heavily in my baking too like these Raspberry and Dark Chocolate muffins we made. I always freeze any spare raspberries. That way, we get to use them year round and not just in the summer. So the frozen ones came in handy when I made this raspberry and white chocolate loaf cake. 

It might seem a strange time of year to post about it now. Over a year on and in the run up to Christmas! But I've been having a Christmas tidy up and found my scribbled notes which I figured out were the recipe I'd invented for this cake and my blog has proved to be my most reliable place to keep a note of such things rather than the many scraps of paper that seem to accumulate only to be lost or forgotten about.


Ingredients

125g self-raising flour

2 eggs

100g caster sugar

1 tsp bicarb

80g white chocolate chips (or chopped up bar of white chocolate)

50g coconut oil

50g greek yogurt

1 cup raspberries (frozen or fresh) tossed in a little flour

To garnish: a few broken up frozen raspberries and fresh basil or mint leaves


Method

1. Preheat the oven to 160C

2. Grease and line a loaf tin. I used a loaf tin paper liner but you can also use baking paper cut in the corners to fit into the loaf tin.

3. This is where I have no notes about what I actually did but I'm guessing my usual method would be to mix the dry ingredients together (except for the chocolate and raspberries). Then I would most likely have melted the coconut oil and mixed it into the dry ingredients along with the yogurt and eggs. 

4. Toss the chocolate chunks in a little flour and do the same with the raspberries and then fold them through the mixture. 

5. Pour into the loaf tin and bake for around 35-45 minutes. Mine actually took 47 minutes. Check with a skewer. 




 






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...