> The Beesley Buzz: Book Review: Tyger by SF Said

Book Review: Tyger by SF Said

Me and Miss T love to read together. A couple of years back, whilst she was shielding due to COVID, we read Varjak Paw together as it was the book they were reading in their English lessons at school with lots of school work built around it. 

It was a brilliant book and we loved it. Miss T then bought and read the sequel to Varjak Paw called Varjak Paw: the Outlaw - that was another brilliant book. 

So when we saw this beautiful book called Tyger by the same author, SF Said, we just knew we had to read it. Miss T read it first and kept telling me that it was an absolute 'must read' so I added it to my reading pile and as soon as I got the chance, I read it too. 

It actually wasn't at all what I expected and though beautifully and brilliantly written, just like Varjak Paw, it is a very different type of story in my opinion. 

I hope I don't give any spoilers here, but it seems to be set in a very different London to the one that we know and follows the story of a young boy, Adam Alhambra, as he helps his family business by making deliveries in what is essentially a segregated London. 

He meets a magical and mysterious creature - the Tyger - not like any tiger than you or I may know - as beautiful and stunning as tigers are, this Tyger truly is something created by the most incredible imagination and storytelling. 

Adam meets Zadie and together they end up helping the Tyger whilst at the same time the Tyger is saving them and their world. 

It really is a remarkable book, full of imagination and power, and with that gorgeous cover - it is a beautiful book both in it's writing and how it looks. 

Miss T says, "I would recommend this book to anyone who loves to read about adventures and amazing creatures." 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We have disabled commenting on the blog due to the volume of spam comments these days. If you want to get in touch, please ping us a message on social media.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...