> The Beesley Buzz: More clean cake baking: No-bake Goji bars

More clean cake baking: No-bake Goji bars

After an overindulgence of cake for D's birthday recently, I decided to make a batch of Henrietta Inman's Goji berry cereal bars so that we'd all have healthy treats to snack on this week.

They're brilliant because they are refined-sugar free and this is actually a no-bake recipe so quite easy to do.

The recipe is in her Clean Cakes book which I adore and seem to be making my way through cooking every single recipe. But I also found it online here.

I made a couple of little swaps like using more puffed quinoa as I didn't have brown rice puffs and using a combination of almond butter and peanut butter as I didn't have cashew nut butter at home at the moment.

They turned out quite soft and crumbly even after being put in the fridge - but that made them all the more moreish. Surely it is only right to keep nibbling away at any bits that keep crumbling off, right?

7 comments:

  1. This is my problem with cooking I nibble everything! These look lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so so brilliant!
    I love them

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound perfect for taking on one of our walks Rebecca - we'd just have to remember to catch the little crumbs as the fall away as we eat them - it'd be rude to let the crumbs fall to the ground! I love how you've presented them too, they look for inviting.
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look good. I'm trying to find more recipes for sweet treats that don't use refined sugar. I tried making Davina's lemon drizzle cake recently. Nice but I still prefer the traditional sugar loaded version

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Davina's recipes too but sometimes they are too close to the original to feel totally healthy. x

      Delete

We have disabled commenting on the blog due to the volume of spam comments these days. If you want to get in touch, please ping us a message on social media.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...